It hasn’t been easy, working in lockdown and juggling family life, client projects and everything else in between. So we wanted to say…
- to turn your camera off if you want to.
- to turn off Slack for a few hours.
- not to respond to Slack messages immediately.
- to use Slack calls over video calls.
- if your pets/kids/partners are wandering around in the background.
- to step away from a call if your delivery arrives.
- to do excercise or go for a walk during the day.
- to take a nap in the afternoon.
- to feel like you're not being as productive as normal.
- to work asynchronously if your project can handle it.
- to ask for a phone call instead of a video call.
- to say you’ve had too many video calls and need a break.
- to say you need some down-time.
- to take a mental health day if you need one.
- to say you’re not OK.